Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Guardian Angel

I received a wonderful message from God last weekend. It was about guardian angels. God lets us feel his care and love for us through the guardian angels, who protects us from harm and other things bad.


I find myself smiling while reading the message through email, because I could very well relate to it. What happened months back was still very fresh in my mind and my gratefulness for God's protection through the angels is unending. This one unforgettable scenario have made me realize that God is really present and is constantly showing his love for us; his protection and guidance, for one. So here's my story.

Our house is situated just about 30 meters away from the national highway. The highway has four lanes, and unmistakably a very busy road with lots of vehicles passing by. One morning about almost a year ago (while I was taking a bath getting ready for the office), my youngest son (then 3 years old) went out of our gate and ran past the houses until he reached the highway. We were so clueless that he has already ran out, since we believed the gate was closed. What we did not realize was that he already knew how to open the gate and that was it - - he went out, ran as fast as he could and was on the highway in a minute or less. All the while, everyone of us in the house thought that he was just inside the compound playing with his outdoor toys. Few minutes later, a neighbor of ours went to our house informing us that she saw a kid running towards the highway and that she just wanted to check if my son was in the house, to prove her notion (that it was indeed my son she saw) wrong.

Anyway, after we realized that my son was indeed not in the house, I was suddenly feeling sick and nausea struck to me like lightning. I was suddenly in tears, and could no longer move. My father immediately ran towards the highway to look for him, with our helper trailing behind him. After I have finally moved a muscle, I tried to take a quick look at the highway and all I could see was a large truck (12 wheelers, I think) that stopped in the middle of the road. The sight gave me the thought that my son might be hit already and that other trucks and vehicles have stopped by to watch and pry. Still, I did not go to the highway for fear of beholding the bad news.

I went inside the house instead, called my husband who was already in the office that time, and made a prayer. 'I could not afford to lose my son' was all I could say to God at that moment and 'please give him the chance to enjoy life and be alive'.

Few minutes ticked by and my father and helper were back with my son. I could not contain my happiness seeing my son back. My father recounted the events that happened as witnessed by people who were on the highway. My son did crossed the highway, not minding how attention-grabbing that deed was. Fortunately, a security guard from across the street saw him as he was about to cross, and so out of instinct, ran towards my son and making hand signals to all passing vehicles to stop or slow down and that a child was crossing. He took my son to their office and that was when my father saw him there and claimed him. The guard was still trembling while talking with my father as he was much frightened at the whole scene.

In the end, I thanked God for sending over the guard to protect my son from being hit with the vehicles that passed by the highway. He was still 3 years old, so small for big truck and car drivers to see and notice crossing. He would have eventually been hit if the guard was not there!

The security guard was like an insurance policy God has issued upon us to demonstrate his love. How about you? When was the last time you felt God's care through the presence of guardian angels?

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online